Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Night Time Skin CareRoutine: Summer 2015

Hello everyone, today I will be talking about my Summer 2015 Night Time Skin Care Routine! I notice that every season, and every year my skin care routine would change depending on the my skin. Usually I am a very oily person, but I notice that I have gotten pretty dry in some areas of my skin, and that I would accumulate oils throughout the day. With that being said, let's get started!



My Night Time Skin Care Routine goes as follows:
  1. Bliss Daily Detoxifying Facial Toner
  2. Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum
  3. Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream
  4. Arad Natural Beauty Eye Contour Balm
The first thing that I always always do in every skin care routine is to cleanse my face with the cleanser that I am using at that moment, and follow up with a toner. I am currently using Bliss' daily detoxifying facial toner, which I found at Marshall's for $9.99. I am running out of this baby! I went back to Marshall's to find it again, but of course they ran out of their stock. This product is usually $26 at Kohl's or Sephora.

Ratings: 4/5
Pros:Hydrating, cleans well
Cons: The pump sucks, the product squirts out everywhere, if not careful
Recommend? Yes


After applying my toner with a cotton ball, I like to use a serum because I notice that it keeps my face extra hydrated, as my skin is dry, and it helps balance my oils during the day. This serum is from a Korean brand, Klairs, sold on wishtrend.com. This serum is $22.99 on their website, but I bought it as a $40 bundle with the coordinating skin care products.

Ratings: 5/5
Pros: Moisturizing/Hydrating, a little goes a long way,
Cons: it's pricey in my book
Recommend? Yes


During the fall, winter, and spring seasons, I usually like to keep my skin moist and hydrated at night time so that I don't get oily during the day, but this summer has been very hot and so instead of using a cream nigh moisturizer, I'm leaning towards the Garnier gel moisturizer for Normal/Combo skin. I use this after applying on my serum with my fingers. This moisturizer is typically around $6-7. I used a $2 off coupon for this and got it for about $4.

Ratings: 4.5/5
Pros: Moisturizing, Absorbs well, Affordable, Cute packaging (the first version's containger was a basic cylinder)
Cons: Gel seems to evaporate, doesn't work well if face is still damp
Recommend? Yes


After moisturizing, I like to put on eye cream. Putting on eye cream is very important because it helps the sensitive skin around your eye stay hydrated. If you skin is dry, it can cause wrinkles, and we don't want that! I am currently using Arad Nautral Beauty Eye Contour Balm, which I found at Marshalls. I have been looking for an affordable eye cream for a very long time, and I found that this one works the best at an afforable price. I have been using a deluxe sample of Clinique's all about eyes eye cream for a while, but didn't want to spend the amount of money on it. I also like Benefit's eye cream as well, but again it's very pricy for the full price.
Ratings: 4/5
Pros: Moisturizing, affordable, has a second cover to keep product sanitize, creamy
Cons: I don't think I can finish this, the container is huge!
Recommend? Yes


Disclaimer: All products are bought with my own money. All opinions are sincerely my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment